By Lisa Khayyat
If you want to stay on top of your finances, but do not want to hire a full time controller – why not consider a “Virtual Controller”? A virtual controller performs most, if not all, of their services online. They can provide basic services to more advanced services. Services are negotiated up front depending upon the client organizations specific requirements.
A Virtual Controller can provide management valuable financial oversight, advice and customized financial reports that provide real value to their businesses decision making. Business owners can focus their attention on growing their businesses and achieving their operational objectives.
Here are some of the ways that a Virtual Controller can assist your business:
1. Guide you through the start up process and assist in getting your accounting system set up correctly in QuickBooks.
2. Train your bookkeeper, accountant, or other assistant in the proper accounting procedures for your particular business.
3. Work with your bookkeeper or accountant on a monthly basis to ensure that transactions are recorded correctly and records are kept up to date. (The virtual controller Is also available to assist the bookkeeper if problems should arise.)
4. Offer guidance in the budget planning process and provide guidance on budget-to-actual analysis.
5. Discuss project or department profitability on a monthly or quarterly basis.
6. Prepare fixed asset depreciation schedules on all equipment and keep the list current with new purchases.
7. Teleconferences scheduled monthly or quarterly with management to discuss results of operation as well as other business decision making issues as necessary.
8. Provide tax planning strategies to business owners.
9. Individual & Business Income tax preparation.
10. Documentation of Policies & Procedures.
11. Assist with the acquisition of a business. (due diligence)
12. Assist in exit planning or the sale of a business.
The move to virtual controller services has become more accepted in the business world over the past few years. And for a fraction of the cost of a full time employee, a small business can have the Controller function filled by an experienced professional.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Lisa_Khayyat/482056
Our approach is to provide a definitive yet thorough assessment allowing you, and your company, to consider a broad overview of alternatives to manage the challenges and enhance the performance of your business.
In short, we identify opportunities, work with you and your organization, and enable you to take advantage of business potential and growth. The move to part time, on call, and virtual services has become more accepted in the business world over the past few years. For a fraction of the cost of a full time employee, a small business can have the Controller / CFO function filled by an experienced professional.
We are headquartered in the Tampa Bay area; a portion of our work is handled remotely, yet, we are able to talk, meet, and work with you on a regular periodic basis.
PETER DESMIDT has more than 48 years of accounting, cost accounting, and systems implementation (including QuickBooks, Intuit, Enterprise, Passport, RealWorld, Peachtree, Great Plains, Dynamics, Sage, Direct Systems, SouthWare, ACCPAC, and Computer Associates software) experience, as well as management positions with companies like Atlantic Richfield, Signode, Norlin Industries and R.R. Donnelley and Sons. Peter DeSmidt’s specific experience is as a CFO, Controller, Accounting Manager and Advisory Consultant. He holds a BA Degree majoring in Accounting and an MBA Degree majoring in Accounting and Computer Science. As we are a small business ourselves, we understand what it takes to get a small company off the ground and on the right track.
Contact us for a free initial telephone consultation to discuss the immediate and long term benefits that we can offer you.
Ask us for help.
We provide part-time offsite and onsite Controller, CFO, Accounting, Cost Accounting, Forecasting, Inventory Management, Cost Control, QuickBooks Problem Solving, and QuickBooks Training Services to small and medium sized businesses.
Visit our website www.desmidtconsulting.com
Visit our mobile website www.desmidtconsulting.mobi
Contact us www.desmidtconsulting.com/contactus.html
Peter DeSmidt, BA, MBA, PA
QuickBooks Certified Advanced ProAdvisor
Microsoft Certified Accounting Application Specialist
Microsoft Certified Installation Specialist
Contact us to learn more about how our CFO and Controller Services may be able to help your business.